Ferlinghetti Tribute Anthology
Submissions are now CLOSED
Jambu Press / Studio Saraswati seeks poems for a tribute anthology to poet, publisher, artist, and insurgent extraordinaire Lawrence Ferlinghetti. Commemorating his 100th birthday, with blessings from Ferlinghetti himself (whose work has appeared in two previous Jambu Press anthologies), we invite poems inspired by the legacy of this iconic man. Poems need not be written in the style of Ferlinghetti, but must embody the impact of Ferlinghetti in some way. Submissions will be enthusiastically read by the Jambu editorial team including managing editor Bobby Coleman and guest editor Virginia Barrett. Jambu Press titles are artfully designed softcover editions broadly distributed by Small Press Distribution.
1. Please submit up to three poems totaling no more than ten pages.
2. Unpublished poems preferred, previously published considered with acknowledgement.
3. Attach poems as one .pdf file with your name included.
4. On the subject line write: Ferlinghetti Tribute.
5. In the body of your email include the title of your poem(s), your full name and contact info, and
a brief statement describing how Ferlinghetti has influenced you and/or the work submitted
(100 words maximum).
6. Email submissions by May 31, 2019 to the press at: .
Poets whose work is accepted will be asked to provide a .doc of their poem(s) and a one-line bio.
All languages are welcome if submitted with English translation. Poets selected will receive one contributor’s copy (domestic U.S. shipping only) and a significant author discount on additional
copies. Proceeds from the book will benefit a cause of Lawrence Ferlinghetti’s choice.
Projected publication date: August, 2019.